In this article, you will know what is coronavirus and how to prevent it. By taking a few precautionary measures you can be safe from the coronavirus pandemic.
Table of Contents
What is Coronavirus?
A coronavirus is a new type of virus that results in an infection in a person’s nose and upper throat. This virus is called severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
Earlier in 2020, when there was an outbreak in December 2019 in Wuhan, China, the World Health Organization declared this virus. This virus quickly spread all over the world and was declared as the pandemic for the whole world.
Coronavirus is also termed as Covid-19, which means Corona Virus Disease that was found in 2019.
This virus can affect a person’s lower respiratory tract (windpipe and lungs) or upper respiratory tract (sinuses, nose, and throat). The virus spreads from person to person. It spreads through the droplets released from the sneezing, coughing, or while talking from the infected person.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Now you know what is coronavirus, lets check the symptoms of this deadly virus. The symptoms of covid-19 may range from mild to severe.
The following are the common and mild symptoms of covid-19 –
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Body pain
- Loss of taste
- Runny nose
The following are the severe symptoms and need urgent attention and hospitalization –
- Pain in chest
- Difficulty in breathing
- New confusion
- Bluish lips
- Difficulty in staying awake
These are few symptoms mentioned above. There have been other symptoms being reported among the infected person. The symptoms may start appearing within 2 to 14 days of the infection.
After knowing what is coronavirus and its symptoms, lets focus on its precautionary measures. Follow these following precautions to avoid covid-19 infection-
Wash your hands frequently
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds particularly after you have visited a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains a minimum of 60% alcohol.
Maintain social distance
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other people.
- Avoid handshakes with others.
- Avoid conducting an social gathering or going to any parties.
- Always wear a cloth mask when you go out in public.
- Even if you do not fee sick, you could spread covid-19 infection to others.
- Use a cloth mask. Do not use the mask used by healthcare workers.
- Avoid using masks for children under age 2 years old.
- Do not use mask if you are having trouble breathing.
Avoid touching your face
Corona virus stays on surfaces for many hours. If you touch these surfaces and then touch your eyes, nose or mouth, they can get into your body.
Clean and disinfect
Clean and disinfectant surfaces like tables, doorknobs, faucets, mobile phones, toilets, sinks, work desk, and handles, you touch at your home on a daily basis.
Cover your sneezes and coughs
- If you are in pubic and you don’t wear a mask, then cover you nose and mouth with a tissue paper while sneezing or coughing.
- Dispose the used tissue paper properly.
- The best way is to use the inside of your elbow while coughing or sneezing.
The best way to keep away covid-19 is to stay at home. Avoid meeting people and travelling if not required.
Hopefully you will like the article what is coronavirus and its prevention. Follow the precautionary measures and keep away the corona infection from you.
This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related topics. The information and other content provided on this blog are not intended and should not be considered, or used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This blog does not advise, diagnose, or treat any medical, nursing, or other professional health services. We cannot diagnose the condition, provide secondary feedback, or make specific treatment recommendations through this blog or website. If you or anyone else has a medical concern, you should consult your healthcare provider or seek other professional medical treatment immediately.