Well, since ancient times we have heard enough about the benefits of fruits for our health and skin. So, in this post, we have decided to list the fruits good for glowing skin.
Tough but true, your skin falls prey to your poor lifestyle. You may not be blessed with the “perfect skin” genes but you can turn it around if you pay attention to what you eat and what you apply to your skin. And the best way to rejuvenate your skin is to consume fruits good for glowing skin and apply a fruit mask every alternate day. Do this for 10 minutes every day and see the visible difference over a period of two weeks.
Table of Contents
Fruits Good for Glowing Skin
Want to know which are the fruits good for glowing skin? Well, this article has all the information.
Sweet, juicy, and tasty orange has a vibrant color and sexy smell. This fruit can also work wonders for your skin. Like lemons, oranges are also rich in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant. This means that oranges help reduce oxidative damage, photo-damage, DNA damage, inflammation, and aid in collagen synthesis.
How to use
- Eat half an orange every day.
- Drink freshly squeezed orange juice with pulp.
- Add oranges to your salads, pizzas, stews, cakes, and chocolates.
- Add orange juice to your smoothie.
- Apply orange juice on pigments and rinse after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 teaspoons orange juice, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons gram flour, and 1 teaspoon turmeric. Apply as a pack.
- For dry skin, mix 3 teaspoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of milk, one teaspoon of turmeric, and one teaspoon of honey and apply on your skin.
Papaya is a naturally moisturizing agent that helps keep your skin hydrated and soft. Rich in vitamins A, C, and B, this fruit can be effective in maintaining good skin health. Papaya can improve your digestive system and prevent constipation. This in turn helps to cleanse your skin. Studies suggest that this fruit may also speed up the wound healing process.
HOW TO USE
- Eat a bowl of papaya in the morning as part of your breakfast.
- Papaya smoothie is also a great option. Mixing the fruit with some lemon juice will make a tasty drink.
- Take a few pieces of papaya in a bowl and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Make a few pieces of papaya and mix with lemon juice. Add a pinch of turmeric. Apply to the affected area and wash off after 10 minutes.
- Mix mash papaya with half a teaspoon of almond oil and apply it on the affected area. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Mix the mashed papaya in a tablespoon of orange peel. If you have oily skin, add a teaspoon of rosemary to the mixture. If your skin is dry, you can use honey.
Lemons are a natural bleaching agent. It is rich in Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that helps flush out toxins and protect the skin from photo-damage and hyper-pigmentation. So, if you have uneven pigmentation, dark spots, pimple scars, try using lemon, one of the useful fruits good for glowing skin.
How to Use
- In a glass of water, add lemon juice and a teaspoon of organic honey and drink first thing in the morning. This will help flush out the toxins.
- Add lemon juice to your salad.
- For oily skin with pigment or pimple scars, mix lemon juice in rose water and rub it on your skin and rinse after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin with pigmentation, mix lemon juice and coconut oil, rub on your skin and rinse after 10 minutes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 teaspoon milk to get rid of dark circles. Apply it under your eyes and rinse gently after 10 minutes.
- Add lemon and sugar to the keratinized area to lighten skin tone and reduce keratinization.
Watermelon is great for your skin, especially if you have oily and pimple-prone skin. It contains dietary fiber (0.4%), water (92%), carbs (7.55%), sugar (0.4%), vitamins C, A, B1 and B6, carotenoids, flavonoids and lycopene. It has zero fat and is cholesterol-free. Lycopene-free oxygen helps break down radicals and prevents skin damage. Water helps flush out toxins and improves bowel movements.
HOW TO USE
- Take a medium bowl of watermelon as a snack or for breakfast.
- Drink fresh watermelon juice in the morning or evening.
- Make a salad of watermelon.
- Add watermelon to your otherwise dull smoothie.
- Mash a watermelon and apply it on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 teaspoons of watermelon juice, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of fuller’s earth, and 1 teaspoon of rose water. After the mask is dry, rinse with cold water.
- For dry skin, mix 3 teaspoons watermelon juice, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 teaspoon aloe. Rinse after 10 minutes.
Fresh green cucumber has a distinctive aroma that can make you feel fresh without eating it. Like watermelons, cucumbers are high in water, have a cooling effect on the body, and have antioxidant properties. Whipped cucumbers are also rich in vitamins K and C and dietary fiber. Scientists have found that sea cucumber can be used to whiten skin and reduce wrinkles.
How to Use
- Add cucumber to your salads, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, etc.
- Make a glass of fresh cucumber pulpy juice and add lime juice, roasted cumin powder and pink Himalayan salt to taste and flavor.
- Eat cucumber as an evening snack.
- Grate the cucumber and mix it with 1 teaspoon of gram flour and 1 teaspoon of rose water to reduce the inflammation in the skin prone to acne.
- Mix grated cucumber, 1 teaspoon milk and 1 teaspoon coconut oil to moisturize dry skin.
- Mix grated cucumber, 1 teaspoon lime juice and sugar to wash your hands and feet.
Pineapples contain vitamins A, C, K and minerals needed to maintain clean, healthy skin. They are also rich in bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. This fruit improves the texture of your skin, can reduce sunlight and reduce the symptoms of acne. It is also effective in accelerating the healing process of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
HOW TO USE
- Eat chopped pineapple as part of your morning breakfast or as an evening snack.
- You can add pineapple pieces to your pizza, sandwich, or dessert.
- Add a teaspoon of pineapple juice to a teaspoon of milk and apply it on your skin. Rinse with cold water after 10 minutes.
- Take a few teaspoons of pineapple pulp and add one teaspoon of gram. Mix until you get a paste and apply on your skin. Let it sit until it is dry. Rinse with cold water.
Sweet and fleshy mangoes work wonders when the skin is rejuvenated. They are rich in vitamins A, E, C and K, flavonoids, polyphenolics, beta-carotene, and xanthophyll. This is why mango helps protect your skin from DNA damage and inflammation. It is also rich in sugar and dietary fiber, which helps to treat constipation. In fact, mangoes are already used in the cosmetic industry to make hair and skin lotions that have shown wound healing properties. There are different ways you can use mangoes to rejuvenate your skin.
how to use
- Add mango to your smoothie, breakfast bowl or fruit salad.
- Mash a small piece of mango and apply on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix mango, rose water and lime juice and apply on your skin. Rinse with cold water after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, apply mashed mango, 1 teaspoon yogurt and 1 teaspoon honey. After 10 minutes rinse with warm water.
Sweet and juicy apricots are rich in A, C, K, and vitamins. They are also replenished with dietary fiber which helps to improve bowel movements. And finally, researchers found that apricot can help prevent endothelial cell death.
how to use
- Finely chop the apricots and add to your juice, smoothie or breakfast bowl.
- Add apricots to your salads, pies, tarts, jams, and jellies.
- Take 2-3 apricots for breakfast.
- Finely chop an apricot and slice the pigmented areas of your skin. Remove them after 10 minutes.
Apples are rich in vitamins A and C, dietary fiber, potassium, calcium and magnesium. They have antioxidant properties and help clean up harmful free oxygen radicals. Apple peel has also been found to be rich in antioxidants. So, the next time you want to eat an apple, don’t peel it. Wash it thoroughly to remove dirt and bacteria.
how to use
- Eat one apple a day as part of a healthy snack with some nuts.
- Add apple slices to your breakfast bowl, oatmeal or cornflakes.
- Add apple or apple juice to your smoothie.
- Add apples to your baby’s spinach and tuna salad.
- Add the apples to the cake batter.
- Grate an apple and apply it on your skin. Rinse it after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, mix 1 teaspoon of grated apples with honey and apply it on your skin. Rinse with warm water after 10 minutes.
If your skin is prone to acne, here is some good news. You can just eat or apply strawberries to get clear and flawless skin. Because strawberries are a good source of vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acid, also called salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is used in creams to treat acne because it penetrates deep into the pores and cleanses them. Strawberries also contain ellagic acid which protects the skin from UV radiation and prevents collagen loss and wrinkle formation.
how to use
- Put strawberries in your breakfast pot.
- Add strawberries to your morning smoothie.
- Half the strawberries and add them to the salad.
- Add them to cakes or muffins.
- Mash a strawberry and apply it on your skin. Rinse with cold water after 10 minutes.
Watery and micro-flavored musk can do wonders for your skin. It is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, and folate and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and sodium. Musk has inflammatory and antioxidant properties. In fact, scientists have found that musk can help treat psoriasis. Therefore, we should not neglect musk when considering skin treatments.
How to use
- Put the musk in a bowl of fruit salad.
- Apply mashed muskmelon on your skin. Wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Mash a musk and add 2-3 drops of grape juice and lime juice. Apply it on your skin to get rid of uneven pigmentation.
Avocados contain healthy fats, dietary fiber, and vitamins E, A, C, K, B6, niacin, folate, and pantothenic acid. It has antioxidant properties that help reduce oxidative damage, thus preventing DNA damage. Consumption of avocado promotes healthy aging as it protects your skin from ultraviolet radiation is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin. The healthy fats in avocado help maintain skin elasticity, reduce inflammation and speed wound healing.
how to use
- Add avocado to your salads, burritos, wraps, breakfast bowls, sandwiches, and more.
- Make an avocado and spinach smoothie.
- Make avocado dip by mixing in yogurt or hummus.
- Use avocado in cakes or as a topping.
- Prepare avocado and apply it on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mash a small piece of av avocado with rose water and a pinch of camphor. Rinse after 10 minutes.
Sweet, red and tasty, cherries not only taste good, but also have the ability to repair your skin and protect it from damage. They are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, and folate, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. Cherries also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent skin damage.
how to use
- Take a small bowl of cherries in the morning or evening.
- Chop the cherries and add them to your salad.
- Put the cherries in a small bowl of yogurt or custard.
- Mash a cherry and apply on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
A friend of mine recently recommended that I use banana peel to get rid of acne scars and it has gotten really good. The scientific explanation for the exceptional skin healing properties of bananas is that they are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, E and folate and minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. It is a very good natural moisturizer and has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
how to use
- Add bananas to oatmeal for breakfast.
- Put bananas in your smoothie or breakfast bowl.
- You can make a banana muffin or banana bread.
- Apply mashed bananas on your skin for instant softening and softening.
Kiwis are rich in vitamin C and help protect the skin from toxic free oxygen radicals that cause DNA damage. Kiwis promote collagen synthesis and help prevent wrinkles.
how to use
- You can mix kiwi with spinach and grapes to make a delicious morning smoothie.
- Mix one kiwi and add 1 teaspoon of honey to make it soothing.
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
- Add chopped kiwi to salad.
- Mash a kiwi and apply it on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Make a kiwi and add a teaspoon of turmeric and hydrate it and lighten your skin.
Pomegranate contains vitamins C, K and folate and minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. In fact, peel, membrane, and edible seeds are packed with antioxidants (ellagic acid) that help protect the skin from UV-A and UV-B damage and skin pigmentation. Scientists succeeded in reproducing human skin and epidermis in the laboratory using pomegranates. So, obviously, you can’t avoid this fruit.
how to use
- Add this to your salad, hummus, juice, smoothie, cakes, breakfast bowl, or fruit salad.
- You can mash pomegranate seeds and apply whole juice to the affected area. Wash it off after 10 minutes.
- To make the face pack for oily skin, make 1 teaspoon of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of fuller’s earth, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, and 2 teaspoons of pomegranate.
- If you have dry skin, add milk or honey to the mask above instead of adding fuller earth.
The gooseberry or amla is sour and loaded with vitamin C. Therefore, it is not surprising that gooseberry has antioxidant properties. Gooseberries also have anti-inflammatory, wound healing and GI tract soothing properties. Furthermore, scientists have confirmed that gooseberries promote procollagen production. Gooseberries are highly sought after by the cosmetic industry. But you can treat your skin using amla at home.
how to use
- Cut the gooseberries and dry in the sun. Place them in a glass jar. Eat one or two pieces every day after lunch.
- You can make gooseberry juice and keep it in the fridge.
- Add gooseberries to your smoothie or juice.
Red or green grapes are rich in resveratrol, an antioxidant. Researchers have found that resveratrol helps protect the skin from UV damage and skin cancer. It is a rich source of vitamins C, K, and minerals such as folate and calcium, potassium and phosphorus. Also, grape seed extract has skin rejuvenating, protecting and healing properties.
how to use
- Take a small bowl of grapes.
- Add grapes to your morning smoothies.
- Add the sweet and red grapes to the chicken stew to give it a sweet edge.
- Put the grapes in your breakfast pot.
- Pour the grapes into your fruit salad.
- Mash the grapes and apply it on your skin. Rinse with cold water after 10 minutes.
Peaches are rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K, as well as calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and dietary fiber. They are also a good source of antioxidants that help destroy free oxygen radicals, preventing DNA damage and photo damages.
how to use
- Put the peach pieces in your breakfast bowl.
- Make peach juice or smooth.
- Add peaches to your dessert.
- Finely chop and place the pieces on your skin. After 10 minutes, remove the slices and wipe your face with a damp cloth.
Blueberries have a high nutritional value and are rich in vitamins A and C. They also contain antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body. Eating these fruits regularly can make your skin softer and more youthful.
how to use
- Eat them raw at any time of the day.
- Add blueberries to your dessert/smoothie.
- Mash some steamed blueberries and add a tablespoon of yogurt to them. Apply on your skin for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Prunes are dried raisins. They are high in fiber and rich in vitamins A, K and niacin and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium. The fiber in the scalp helps prevent constipation, which is one reason why your skin looks dull and acne is a problem. Scientists have found that pruning plants can increase stool weight and improve bowel movements. Therefore, if you suffer from constipation, you should definitely try prunes.
how to use
- Drink 4 ounces prune juice first thing in the morning.
- Add prunes to your morning smoothies.
- Apply the prune juice on your skin and wash off after 10 minutes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of prune juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of rose water and apply on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
Another fruit that is rich in lycopene is the tomato. It contains powerful antioxidants that protect the skin from UV damage and premature aging. Its natural acids regulate the production of sebum, it is a great alternative for oily skin types.
How to use
- Take freshly sliced raw tomato in the morning.
- You can even have fresh tomato juice or use it in all your curries.
- Blend in half a tomato puree and add half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Using a cotton ball, gently pour the mixture on your skin and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- To make a puree, mix tomatoes and add 2 teaspoons of turmeric. Apply on your skin and let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
Here are fruits good for glowing skin. Make sure you avoid deep fried and oily foods. Eat more vegetarian foods, fruits, fish oils and nuts and drink enough water to keep your skin clean. And if you want to speed up the process of healing your skin, try consuming the fruits mentioned in this article at least three days a week and beyond.
It is important to remember that to get glowing skin many factors contribute. Eating the above-mentioned fruits good for glowing skin and for treating many skin problems. However, long-term healthy skin is usually the result of collective efforts.
This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related topics. The information and other content provided on this blog are not intended and should not be considered, or used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This blog does not advise, diagnose, or treat any medical, nursing, or other professional health services. We cannot diagnose the condition, provide secondary feedback, or make specific treatment recommendations through this blog or website. If you or anyone else has a medical concern, you should consult your healthcare provider or seek other professional medical treatment immediately.